Monday, June 15, 2015

La Raza 1970

We as chicanos are identified as la raza because it expresses ethnic or racial pride. For many years our race had no impact in the world it was like if we didn’t exist. I was born in California i was hispanic american but still i didn’t had the opportunities that white people had because of my roots and my skin color. I ended up not going to school because my parents worked in the fields and they got payed a low salary. I joined my parents on the fields i admit it was hard work but i didn’t had no other option. But cesar chavez did he created an organization and i joined him. The organization was called La Raza Unida.In April 24, 4,000 Chicanos and Lations marched I was content because we were actually doing something for our race.

No comments:

Post a Comment