Monday, June 15, 2015

Why Am I Compelled To Write?



Many say that I am a lost cause. They tell my parents that I am a bad influence because I spent my time writing what others are trying to erase, and to do this I have to be in every event that demonstrates our struggles. My name is Gloria influence by Gloria Anzaldua, a great poet and activist that has made me realize that there is nothing wrong with my culture except keeping quiet. Everybody judges us base on our looks and the way we talked, I am who I am and I don't believe that I should change. As part of the Chicano Moratorium I am expected to cover every injustice committed towards us, and I am more than happy to participate in the next protest on August 29. This protest is a bit different from the rest because we are fighting against the war in Vietnam. Many Americans believe that this is not our business but in reality it is because soon people will be drafted and guess who they will take? Us, the Chicano men that want to fight for their country. I cannot wait for this event. I will update you all when the day comes.

No comments:

Post a Comment