Monday, June 15, 2015

Not The Same Education

March 6, 1970 has to be remember forever. Today has been one of the best days for me; I was able to let people know my feelings. We as Chicanos are tired of been treated differently, all I want is to succeed in life and get an education like anybody else in this country. Lately I have been noticing  that we are not receiving the same education as everybody else. I am fortunate to have a friend that has a different education than me because it lets me see the inequalities that are happening. He has told me that they have different books and schedules. This was the main cause for the protest today. I felt alive there and I would do it a million times more in order to feel that I am finally deciding my future. However, things didn't go well, we were attacked by many police men that started hitting us and arresting a lot of students. The cause for all this violence is something I am still trying to figure out.  I hope the stories of my friends in this blogs can help others understand that all we are trying to do here is belong to a country that we know so well. They tell is we are not American for the simple fact of having Mexican parents but reality is I have never been to Mexico, so I'm an outsider to both countries.

No comments:

Post a Comment